rowsToCols in.txt out.txt
This tool is part of UCSC Genome Browser's utilities.
- in.txt: Input text file containing data to be processed.
- out.txt: Output text file where the converted data will be written.
- -varCol: Rows may have various numbers of columns.
- -tab: Fields are separated by tab.
- -fs=X: Fields are separated by the given character X.
- -fixed: Fields are of fixed width with space padding.
- -offsets=X,Y,Z: Fields are of fixed width at the given offsets X,Y,Z.
This tool doesn't support empty/blank lines. If the input file has empty ending lines, you may observe error messages like:
Expecting 2 columns got 0, line 3 of input.txt
$ cat input.txt
$ rowsToCols input.txt output.txt
$ cat output.txt
Share your experience or ask a question